Infection Control Policy and Procedure for COVID-19 at Niamh Coffey Physiotherapy
Niamh Coffey Physiotherapy are delighted to be open and operating, providing the best Physiotherapy Care to the communities of Bray and surrounding areas. We wish to reassure our patients that every precaution has been taken to keep the recommended hygiene and infection control standards in place as per HSE and government guidelines and will continue to make our clinic space safe for both staff and patients.
1. Each patient will receive a COVID-19 Screening Form prior to attending the clinic. Please see screening form below. If you answer Yes to any of the questions please inform your Physiotherapist.
2. All surface areas and door handles in reception area, toilet and clinic will be wiped thoroughly with disinfectant wipes before and
after every patient.
3. Patients are asked to wait in reception area until called by Physiotherapist.
4. Disposable paper towels will be used to cover plinth and pillows and disposed of after every patient.
5. There will be one person in the reception area at all times.
6. Patients will be asked where possible to come alone to appointments, unless absolutely necessary, i.e where they need assistance
with mobility issues or is a minor (under 18 years of age)
7. Patients will be asked to wear a surgical mask of healthcare worker standard to the appointment.
8. Physiotherapist and patient will wear a surgical mask at all times during the appointment.
9. Physiotherapist will wear disposable apron and goggles during the appointment as well as surgical mask.
10. Patients will be asked to wash hands or use hand sanitizer on entering and exiting the building.
11. Physiotherapist will wash hands and arms from elbows down between different techniques used at the appointment.
12. Online appointments will take place where appropriate.
13. Patients are asked not to attend the clinic if they have any respiratory symptoms and/or are presenting with a high temperature or
fever. In this case patients will be reminded to contact their GP and an online appointment will be offered instead.
14. Patients are asked to inform the clinic of any change in symptoms.
15. The clinic will be deep cleaned after every working day and week. The clinic will be hoovered, all surfaces wiped with alcohol
COVID-19 Screening Form
Do you have a temperature or fever?
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
Shortness of Breath
Have you experienced a recent loss of taste or smell?
Have you returned from travel outside of Ireland in last 14 days?
Are you over 70 years of age?
Have you any underlying health condition that would put you in a high risk category for COVID-19?